The Secret Woods tennis court will soon need to undergo some maintenance. Get the details on this and other neighborhood news in this month’s board minutes.
Minutes of Secret Woods Homeowners Association Board Meeting
Date: Monday, November 7, 2016
Location: 3125 Chapelwood Lane
Board Members Present: David Theus, Mike Byrd, Pam Miles, Sharon Snow, Katherine Frazier.
Meeting was called to order at 6:35 p.m.
Approval of Previous Minutes: Consented.
Financials: Copies of the financial report was passed out by David Theus in Mark’s absence.
• Fall Chili Cook-off: The event was cancelled as only 4 people had signed up.
• Tennis Court Erosion: Mike and David are still researching the cost of the work needed.
• Pool House Water Fountain: Mike is still researching to get the best price for the unit. Budget has already been approved for the purchase.
• Luminaries: David has already completed the plastic bags for distribution. Katherine is buying the white lunch bags, Byron said brown lunch bags will work as well. Date for assembly will be Monday, Dec 5th from 6:30 – 7:30 at Katherine’s home. David will check with Jamie Montgomery or Dan Flynn on whom to order the sand from. Date of the lighting will be Saturday, December 17th.
• Award Committee: The yards will be judged by December 14th.
• Architectural Review Committee: A question by one of the owners, if we would like to go to all plastic fencing. This was tabled until January’s meeting.
• Richard’s Lawn Service: Rick completed the storm damage clean up around the ponds and common areas. The cost will be added to his regular monthly statement. Also, David is obtaining all of his contact information for our records.
• Fence & Tennis court repairs: Tom Wooten has completed the repairs and will submit his bill.
• Pool Pump encloser Repairs: The cover needs both hinge areas repaired with the possibility of having to replace the hinges as well as the surrounding fiberglass. This was tabled until January’s meeting as we may want to seek bids from a few companies.
• Letter to Mayor: David is working on a letter to the Mayor to address creek clean-up from Hurricane Matthew. Several residents have called and written letters with no resolution. Mike suggested writing St. Johns Water Management, too.
• Resignation of Pam Miles as Secretary: Pam and Mike have sold their home and will no longer be residents of Secret Woods. Pam has resigned as Secretary effective with the end of this meeting.
Miscellaneous and Lot Concerns.
• Lot Concerns: Some residents need to repair their fences.
Next meeting: This will be the luminary assembly. Monday, December 5th at Katherine Frazier’s home, 3139 Misty Creek Lane from 6:30 – 7:30 p.m.
Meeting adjournment at 7:00 p.m.